Janko/Levicoff scoff at proposed PsyD programs
Uncle Janko really went after vinny123 and ShotoJuku because of their interest in DL PsyD programs. In the interest of full disclosure, I've had words, such as they are, with both gentlemen but the air has long since been cleared. They are typical of the type of student for whom DL is now a viable option. They are adult professionals with legitimate academic credentials who want to obtain their doctorates without quitting their current jobs and enrolling as a full-time student.

I'm not really sure what has Unc all wound up, perhaps a touch of jealousy?

DD thread on DL PsyD programs
It's the strangest thing, Janko and Levicoff attack like pitbulls and to what end?

BTW:  Do you know what is the "name it and frame it" thing all about?

Thanks!

ShotoJuku Wrote:BTW:  Do you know what is the "name it and frame it" thing all about?

The last significant thing Levicoff ever did, about 15 years ago, was write a book called "Name It and Frame It." It was a collection of personal opinions about mostly religious schools. Many people say that Levicoff's self designed, possibly self-titled, Union Institute PhD is a name it or frame it degree.

As a disclosure, I have never done anything significant.
I read the thread. It is enlightening to know that the California psychologists did and DETC will review SCU and find it adequate but Levicoff and his Funny Uncle who know nothing about the school do not approve. Levicoff has a degree in a made up field and Janko is a preacher.
Looks like a classic case of those who live in glass houses with visible dirty laundry shouldn't throw stones, bricks, and boulders.  Rolleyes
ShotoJuku Wrote:Looks like a classic case of those who live in glass houses with visible dirty laundry shouldn't throw stones, bricks, and boulders. Rolleyes

But Levicoff imagines himself as living in the big house on the hill while others see it as the shit house. He's so arrogant that he thinks Union is one of the best schools in the world instead of 4th tier minus.
Several quick points:

1. Janko and Levicoff have no background whatsoever in psychology and I value their opinions on graduate psychology programs accordingly.

2. Janko can't pull the "professional accreditation" (like ABET for engineering) card since his alma mater, Earlham College's School of Religion did not/does not have the "professional accreditation" in the field for which he was awarded his undergraduate degree.

3. Levicoff basically aggregated a bachelor's degree (from TESC) and a doctorate. (I don't think he even bothered with a master's; he received a non-traditional, largely DL PhD from Union Institute & University) I'm not criticizing him for it (Dennis may, however) but am merely pointing out that Lev did very little formal coursework during his academic career.

4. If I had a question about the airbrakes or the transmission on my truck I'd ask Levicoff. If I was wondering about the quality and utility of a new, largely DL degree in psychology, I'd make some serious inquiries but it would certainly not be of Lev or Uncle Janko.

5. Before I enrolled I'd talk to people in the field currently in the profession, and perhaps people in a related field with significant DL experience like Jimmy Clifton and Jack Tracey. I would also check with prospective employers to see how such a degree program may be viewed.

6. How can Janko and Levicoff be so down on a program or programs due to their perceived lack of rigour when they seem to encourage losers like Pugbelly ansd Sowak777 in their pursuit of bogus FEMA credits?
P.S. Levicoff has absolutely no use for the DETC and seems to view it as somehow as illegitimate. Even that dork Gollin acknowledges that the DETC is legitimate and in certain areas has higer standards than the corresponding regional accrediting agency.
Oh the internet, what a funny place...
So many donkeys that love to hear themselves bray...
So many middle-school janitors and mobile home guys wanting to have a say...
The most recent 'platinum opinions' I read...
Hannah Arendt (the prolific Jewish activist/writer ) is a NEGATIONIST (that is claims the mass-murder of Jews never happened ).
Adolf Hitler was never voted into power (in spite of his party going from say 8% to the biggest in Germany in about 1 year ).
Another claims that Jewish intellectual Finkelstein told him during an autograph session how his famous book HOLOCAUST INDUSTRY that fueled a great controversy and jeopardized his career is just a hoax made for money...imagine this...Finkelstein puts his career and reputation at stake (which resulted in litigation of various kinds ) and then confesses to the first moron he has never met how it's all a joke...

Etc
Altered states of consciousness, I say.
Make it as you go...this is the internet...
A.A Mole University
B.A London Institute of Applied Research
B.Sc Millard Fillmore
M.A International Institute for Advanced Studies
Ph.D London Institute of Applied Research
Ph.D Millard Fillmore
Dennis Ruhl Wrote:
ShotoJuku Wrote:BTW:  Do you know what is the "name it and frame it" thing all about?

The last significant thing Levicoff ever did, about 15 years ago,  was write a book called "Name It and Frame It."  It was a collection of personal opinions about mostly religious schools.  Many people say that Levicoff's self designed, possibly self-titled, Union Institute PhD is a name it or frame it degree.

As a disclosure, I have never done anything significant.

For your info: http://members.tripod.com/~levicoff/