A Horse of a Different Color- Maybe ?
"Many job descriptions specify that a certain degree is required, or that additional salary wil be paid, if a certain degree is held. In MANY of these situations, a GOOD Unaccredited Degree will SUFFICE."
--John Bear--Bear's Guide--1997-page 21

In 1997 it's MANY in 1998 it's not Recommended. That was sure a funny year that 1998. Every decent unaccredited school in the world went from Good to Bad.

You know what, here's what I think. It wasn't the schools that changed. They were about the same. So what changed? Bear did. He saw the light $$$$ there's money in them big RA schools and not in those small but legitimate unaccredited colleges. Summit and Kennedy Western were no more or less from one year to the next. But Bear, well, he was chasing a horse of a different color by 1998. A horse called "Cold Hard Cash."   Sad

Some of Bear's boot polishers say that Bear was right then and now. If that's true that means that Summit and Kennedy Western were good colleges in 1997 and bad in 1998. It means that California Coast and California Pacific also fell apart in that one year. It would also mean that Columbia Pacific and Greenwich went down the toilet in the same year. You know, to me that seems so unlikely as to be ridiculous. That all those unaccredited schools went from good to bad in 12 months, I don't know about that now, that's pushing pretty hard. Maybe it was more of a human failing. I suppose it can be argured that a failing occurred pre-1998 or post-1997. But something here just doesn't smell right. And I think it very likely that if we check for spoor it will be found to be following the trail of a big old grouchy bear. One with a very nice retirement. And you helped pay for it. Now ain't that a fun thought?
James
A.S., B.S., M.B.A.

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Horse of a Different Color- Maybe ? - by Brian Crawford - 07-24-2007, 05:41 PM
RE: A Horse of a Different Color- Maybe ? - by Randall Flagg - 07-26-2007, 09:15 AM
RE: A Horse of a Different Color- Maybe ? - by Brian Crawford - 07-26-2007, 12:41 PM