Whatever Wrote:Student Wrote:Ha Ha Ha I'm glad that you know these are not States :-).
I'm replying to an ignorant comment that Breyer is not a state and that every one knows that and its not misleading. For that reason I provided a list of real universities with the word State in their name but actually not named after any US State.
If you read my earlier reply you will see the smiling face next to adding them to the flag.
What I think is that State in the name of unrecognized university is misleading. Remember Columbia State University.
Are you a Breyer graduate or their employee or something?
And there is noting wrong with working as a physics teacher. A specially if the position is in a real academic establishment.
I never have seen Breyers material or spoke to one of their instructors so I have no idea what is the level and quality of the education they provide. I simply don't like their misleading in my view name and accreditation etc.
It apears that there is a lot of negative info on the web about them.
Its a business if they are legitimate than who am I to deside.
What I stated is my initial opinion and noting more I'm not on a mission or hunt.
Anyone who would actually select any school based on its name is an idiot. If the idiot says he was "tricked" by the usage of the word "state" in the name, into believing it was sanctioned, accredited, approved or whatever by some state, or that this name makes his degree the same as a Havard degree, then he is a also a fibber.
Even a fool would know better.
PS: Your long list and defence of the physics teaching position is most telling... ;-)
Name recognition of the school is for many people one of the major factors in selecting university.
Teaching is one of the honorable professions on earth.
Name of university is something a combination of reputation, academic standing, marketing and couple of other important factors.
Some select easy degree schools that sound autehntic to trick HR and other people in to believing they have a valuable degree.
Every one knows that adding the word State in to the name of the unrecognized university serves for deceitful practice of making it attractive to easy degree rout people.
No one claims that university name is the only factor in selecting university.
And let me tell you something that you already know.
Degree Mill operators dream and their clients is to have as mach as posible authentic sounding name university and accrediting agency.
Double whammy.

