07-17-2009, 01:50 AM
Vice Wrote:Actaully, Mr. Schmidt, a number of Assyrian scholars state that "Raca" means "I spit on you."
BTW, that "Jimmy" poster is confusing "Assyrian Studies" with the Aramaic of the New Testament period. Where did "Jimmy" say he got his degree from?
That's the kind of level that pretend scholars at degreediscussion.com use to communicate. Is that something one could call "brainless" and really is non-scholarly-like?
Assyrian is Aramaic 2,500 years later.? Now what was English like 2,500 years ago??
The exact connotation of a 2,500 year old expression is pretty iffy.? Obviously the word was derived from spit but what did the expression exactly mean?
If I said Jimmy is a shit-head I am alluding to the fact that his head functions like it is stuffed with shit not brains.? I have the full understanding that in all liklihood it is not stuffed with shit although you can never be too sure, especially in Jimmy's case.? I'd love to see the scholars in 2,500 years decipher the expression "Jimmy is a shithead."

