DL Truth: Distance Learning Truth
Charisma Sues RCD, DD, DI - Printable Version

+- DL Truth: Distance Learning Truth (http://www.dltruth.com)
+-- Forum: Discussion (http://www.dltruth.com/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Distance Learning Discussion (http://www.dltruth.com/forum-8.html)
+--- Thread: Charisma Sues RCD, DD, DI (/thread-1794.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

RE: Charisma Sues RCD, DD, DI - jhc7 - 05-28-2015

"While I have not visited Eastern University nor reviewed any student work, I am persuaded from my careful reading of their catalog, my discussion with Dr. Welker, and my understanding that they have withdrawn from the accreditation process of " Accrediting Commission International," that Eastern University is "Worthy of Consideration" by the "Serious Student," willing to work, who can benefit from a well-earned, legitimate, respectable, if unaccredited university degree.
--John Bear--AED--1995

WELL-EARNED---LEGITIMATE--RESPECTABLE--UNIVERSITY DEGREE

An interesting description of an unaccredited school which Bear had little information about. Is it any wonder, with descriptions like this that readers of his guides selected such schools.

"Unaccredited schools can range from "Merely dreadful to out-and-out diploma mills"--fake schools that will sell people any degree they want at prices from $3000 to $5000."
--John Bear--University Business-March 2000

Do you stand by your evaluation that Eastern was worthy of consideration and a good school? How do you think graduates from schools that you called good, like Kennedy Western, feel about your about-face on the quality and usability of degrees from such schools? Why did you call Kennedy Western good?

RE: Charisma Sues RCD, DD, DI - JohnBear - 05-28-2015

jhc7: Do you stand by your evaluation that Eastern was worthy of consideration and a good school?How do you think graduates from schools that you called good, like Kennedy Western, feel about your about-face on the quality and usability of degrees from such schools? Why did you call Kennedy Western good?

Bear: Interesting that you bring up Welker and Saltmann (of KWU) -- the only two people, in my 41 years of writing about this stuff, who have ever yelled and screamed at me on the telephone, because they didn't like what I had written about them.

My standard advice for decades to HR people and other degree evaluators has been to look first at two things: the work that was done to earn the given degree, and the credentials of the people who supervised or evaluated the work. For both Eastern and Kennedy-Western, at the time I wrote positively, I had reviewed some of the work at each school -- half a dozen dissertations or theses each -- and checked the credentials of the people who signed off on them. In subsequent years, I came to believe that while some students did real and decent work, others acquired their credentials by less above-board means.

How do I think readers feel? Even though it is 12 years since I last worked on a Bears Guide, I still get 20 to 50 letters and emails a month from readers. I stopped counting when the total reached 5,000. Roughly ⅓ were neutral, offering new information or corrections. Roughly 2/3rds offered opinions, of which more than 95% were favorable, 3 or 4 percent unhappy. I cannot recall ever getting an unhappy letter from a K-WU/Warren or Eastern student or alumnus, but it could have happened. The most hate mail I ever got was when I identified a regionally-accredited Lutheran school as Missouri Synod when it was in fact Wisconsin Synod.

RE: Charisma Sues RCD, DD, DI - jhc7 - 06-05-2015

First of all I have no reason to believe the stats you give. Show me the proof that you are quoting them accurately. I have seen you claim that 95% of the schools listed in a guide were accredited and 5% unaccredited. When I checked I found that more than a third were unaccredited. I have posts where you say that you owned 25% of Greenwich and other posts where you claimed 50%. I can list them if you wish, date-time-place. You have claimed that Greenwich operated from a 10,000 sq. ft. building and from a 5,000 sq. ft. building. Your numbers(you seem to like that 95% number) are given as you want them, not as they are. If you are going to claim them, as you say, page-date-place. In other words prove your claims. I think your past false statements are enough to show your lack of candor, and self-serving posts.

Are degrees held by readers of your guides, from Eastern University, Well Earned- Legitimate-Respectable? Or, would you agree with Levicoff and the gang, as you did online many times at AED and DI, that these schools are frauds and useless. You have argued it both ways, I have your posts showing this, and will show them if you deny doing it.

You listed Kennedy Western as a good school. Are degrees from this school good as you said they were, or not?

Tell me why John Gray's degree from CPU is troublesome and holds less weight. After all, you were still a minority owner when he graduated. Why was it so bothersome to you? If it was substandard then why did you help design it that way? If it was bad, why continue to hype and own stock in it?

RE: Charisma Sues RCD, DD, DI - AspenU - 06-05-2015

jhc7,

Nicely written. I used to follow the DI board and it is down right scary the information that given to people.

I took months reading almost all posts from; Bear, Kizmet, Levicoff . . .and at the end of it all . . . I had no clue where they stood on matters. Flip flopping on their own opinions . . .etc. Even attacking other people for posting items they didn't agree with or called them out on; kind of like a bunch of weasels on a pigeon.

It got to a point that I had no idea why people would hold these men in a revered/idolized position.

Sincerely,
Joseph

RE: Charisma Sues RCD, DD, DI - jhc7 - 06-07-2015

I would guess that many people never bothered to check on what some of these people have done and said. Someone says that 90% of people think that water is red so everyone says, wow, that's funny but must be true. Well, no it's not. You have to dig deeply into their actions and past statements to know if they are real or knock-offs from a used car dealership.
As an example. John said that Calif. Coast was good, and then in another place, an excellent alternative. If you were to challenge him he would deny ever having said such a thing.

Now here is one that really burns my butt.

Unaccredited schools can range from "Merely dreadful to out-and-out diploma mills"---fake schools that will sell people any degree they want at prices from $3000 to $5000."
--John Bear--University Business--March 2000

The range, so he says, is from dreadful to a mill. Makes Guide after guide, that he sold to the public, look like either a pack of lies or written by a guy who could care less about the accuracy of his statements.

John had 30 graduates from Greenwich while he was there. Read them this comment from University Business and then ask them if they think he is such a fine man. 95% favorable, I don't think so, maybe 20%.

RE: Charisma Sues RCD, DD, DI - JohnBear - 06-14-2015

Poor little man, sitting in his corner, obsessing over everything I have ever written and triumphantly sharing a few errors or changes of opinion with his two or three pals on this little forum. What a life.

--John Klempner (1938-1968) John Bear (1969-2015)

RE: Charisma Sues RCD, DD, DI - AspenU - 06-16-2015

(06-14-2015, 02:54 PM)JohnBear Wrote: Poor little man, sitting in his corner, obsessing over everything I have ever written and triumphantly sharing a few errors or changes of opinion with his two or three pals on this little forum. What a life.

Dr. Bear . . . . Is not 'jhc7' doing what you do? Listening to what people say, analyze the information and question the person on their inconsistencies? I have been following you for some years, and that is what you do. If fact, you have made part of your living doing that.

If you made errors in judgement in the past; explain why you feel differently now. . . . or correct the errors.

Regards,
Joseph

RE: Charisma Sues RCD, DD, DI - Armando Ramos - 06-16-2015

(06-14-2015, 02:54 PM)JohnBear Wrote: Poor little man, sitting in his corner, obsessing over everything I have ever written and triumphantly sharing a few errors or changes of opinion with his two or three pals on this little forum. What a life.

The Janus of millism shows his true face. He's not the merry prankster he pretended all these years to be after all. Rather, he's a bitter troll with the same hostile, sociopathic tendencies as his cadre of stalker acolytes.

RE: Charisma Sues RCD, DD, DI - JohnBear - 06-17-2015

Thank you for this charming message, Mr. Ramos. Just the sort of thing we sociopathic hostile bitter trolls groove on.

Yours sincerely,

John Klempner

RE: Charisma Sues RCD, DD, DI - Don Dresden - 06-18-2015

(06-16-2015, 04:25 PM)Armando Ramos Wrote: He's not the merry prankster he pretended all these years to be after all.

He sure ain't no Wavy Gravy. More like (Diploma) Milli Vanilli. Big Grin