Down With InstantCert...
...and DegreeForum.net!

Has anyone ever been to that site? It never gets mentioned here. They steal $20 a month and provide nothing that a google search couldn't for free. Worse yet, they are a breeding ground for "students" of the Easy Three. That's right! For $20 a month you can learn JUST ENOUGH to pass an array of exams that are already substandard and need I mention EASY?

Here's the trick, the exams are both multiple-choice and written in third grade English. ANYONE can pass them without preparation at all. So what happens? Some ignorant self-abuser gets nervous, shovels out money and receives a truck load of Jurassic Crap, passes the test and then thanks InstantCert for it. Most of the comments in the forum look like:

"I only went through InstantCert once, about 1 hour before the exam. I didn't understand any of the questions, but somehow I passed it. WOW, InstantCert REALLY WORKS!!!"

"I took 20 exams in one week, and I only studied for 5 hours total! I must be smarter than everyone else, because that is 2 years worth of credit, and now I am ready to graduate from a REAL SCHOOL (Excelsior)!!!!!"

"I went to the library and took out 15 books on Psychology and memorized every single word of. Then I spent an hour or two using InstantCert. I failed the test. I know I should have used InstantCert more."

This atrocity is happening right before our very eyes, education is doomed if they are allowed to continue. IC + EC = EZ
CLEP is a scam as well.

You really do not get all that much credit to begin with. I took the social science test and got a whole 5 credit hours (whooo hooo!).

I ended up taking social science courses anyway since its something I liked getting and helped raise my GPA at my Junior College. That was about 20 Years ago and maybe things have changed but who knows?

On the other hand with this Excelsior College who the hell knows what is possible.
"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free."

Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Virtual Bison Wrote:CLEP is a scam as well
I was talking about CLEP. InstantCert makes CLEP out to be as difficult as climbing Everest riding a bicycle. Then they sell you a service that teaches you nothing, and leaves you bewildered as to how you passed.

They are enablers. Middlemen to an elaborate scam spearheaded by EC, TESC, COSC, ACE, CLEP, DSST and whatever other unscrupulous abbreviations I missed.