COSC Levicoff-Proofs Program
According to Shawn A (also known as Capella Rocks elsewhere) at ToelickerInfo :
Quote:My daughter received a letter from Charter Oak admissions today. Effective July 1, 2009 - all new Charter Oak Students must take a 3 credit capstone course.

For out of state students - this adds $795 to the cost of the degree; and of course, you can't transfer in the entire degree now.

According to the letter, Charter Oak is incorporating this change:

"This is our way of ensuring that your degree aligns with the learning outcomes and standards established by our College and sanctioned by our accrediting agency, The New England Association of Schools and Colleges."

Shawn

Quote:Don't be surprised - but I believe that Excelsior and TESC will have a similar requirement also.

The RA's are focusing on Program Outcomes and measurement - "Can your graduates do what you say they can?" Without some type of capstone course, the school can't demonstrate this for someone who transfers most or all of their credits in.

Shawn
http://forums.degreeinfo.com/showthread....ab&t=31263

It's a shame that the guys for whom these programs were intended--those with real life learning experience (e.g., military, police, fire, etc.), who aren't looking for easy units for queering off or playing "Mary Had A Little Lamb" on their guitar--are going to suffer as a result of the abuse of the system by exploitative non-achievers like Levicoff or Sainz.  

But it's about time the accreditation agencies woke up to the fact that the 110-Day Wonders of the World are making a mockery of the process.  People in the real world know that the magic wand of accreditation does not mitigate against horse crap.

This is a step in right direction, toward accreditation actually equalling some sort of objective quality standard and not just government approved millism.
Quote:It's a shame that the guys for whom these programs were intended--those with real life learning experience (e.g., military, police, fire, etc.), who aren't looking for easy units for queering off or playing "Mary Had A Little Lamb" on their guitar--are going to suffer as a result of the abuse of the system by exploitative non-achievers like Levicoff or Sainz.

But it's about time the accreditation agencies woke up to the fact that the 110-Day Wonders of the World are making a mockery of the process. People in the real world know that the magic wand of accreditation does not mitigate against horse crap.

Honestly put, I always worked with accredited schools that enforced rather strict transfer policies...maybe Levicoff got credit for crossdressing 101 and French civilization 400: Le duc de Cinq Mars [queer young minion of Louis XIII], castratos and mandingos...
I was allowed to transfer only credit from accredited schools...hell, they even X-rayed and questioned my credit from...CARDIFF UNIVERSITY asking for further proof it was legitimate.
A.A Mole University
B.A London Institute of Applied Research
B.Sc Millard Fillmore
M.A International Institute for Advanced Studies
Ph.D London Institute of Applied Research
Ph.D Millard Fillmore
I liked Excelsior College formerly known as Regent's College up until 6 - 8 years ago when it didn't even offer any courses. When they started teaching their own courses, the temptation to shake down the student by requiring their own courses becomes too great. Excelsior hasn't gone that route yet but I'm sure it's coming. I'm sure COSC will keep adding requirements until they become irrelevant.

The concept of COSC, TESC, and Excelsior is wonderful. Everyone understands that they aren't Harvard and they are the only way to put together accredited courses from many schools to get a degree.
Don Dresden Wrote:It's a shame that the guys for whom these programs were intended--those with real life learning experience (e.g., military, police, fire, etc.), who aren't looking for easy units for queering off or playing "Mary Had A Little Lamb" on their guitar--are going to suffer as a result of the abuse of the system by exploitative non-achievers like Levicoff or Sainz.  

But it's about time the accreditation agencies woke up to the fact that the 110-Day Wonders of the World are making a mockery of the process.  People in the real world know that the magic wand of accreditation does not mitigate against horse crap.

It was only a matter of time. Over at DI, posters like pugbelly and Michael Gates brag about how many meaningless credits they have accumulated. They are oblivious to the fact that it's a fraud, and gleefully advise others how to scam FEMA credits and other shortcuts to a degree.  Sad

old DL Truth thread

another pugbelly/FEMA thread
Don Dresden Wrote:playing "Mary Had A Little Lamb" on their guitar

Knowing what we know about Levi-jerkoff, it was more likely "Blowing In The Wind," if you catch my drift.

Little Arminius Wrote:They are oblivious to the fact that it's a fraud, and gleefully advise others how to scam FEMA credits and other shortcuts to a degree.

I don't think they are oblivious at all.  They know damn well it's bogus, and they revel in it.  It's like Gollum and his 16-person dissertation collaboration.  They think only chumps do the actual work, and clever people like them get a pass.  It's affirmative action for dumbasses.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bat Boy enrolls in online degree program Yancy Derringer 6 33,256 06-11-2009, 08:30 PM
Last Post: Dickie Billericay