Poll: What is Len van der Walt's motive in posting the thread questioning the acceptance of South African degrees overseas?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Len is just genuinely concerned about the international reputation of South African qualifications.
37.50%
3 37.50%
Len has a plan to capitalize on SA's reputation for high quality DL programmes.
0%
0 0%
Len was bored and couldn't think of anything else to write about.
25.00%
2 25.00%
Len's motive, like Len himself, is shady but painfully obvious.
37.50%
3 37.50%
I don't know but it's significant that Rich Douglas posted the first response.
0%
0 0%
Total 8 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Professor Len returns to Degreeinfo
Rolleyes 
He was involved with SRU for a short time and peddled real estate in Dubai as well. Now he's back at DI with several new certificates and postgraduate diplomas. Len opened with the following statement:

Quote:I have heard via the grapevine that certain specific South African earned degrees and diplomas are not accepted nor recognized outside South African borders and especially in countries such as the USA, UK, Australia, New Zealand, Canada, etc.
-- Len van der Walt

This specious statement, something I've never heard before, may be true for schools from every country in Africa, with the notable exception of South Africa which has strigent regulations concerning higher education. Len, an Afrikaner, knows this very well but still created a straw man (recognition of SA degrees) for some reason. Maybe Len is just laying the groundwork for his reemergence on the DL scene as something other than a poster? Will Len once again play a role in the operation of an unaccredited school, this time with a school claiming to operate from South Africa or Namibia? Does Len have what it takes to pull it off or is he a South African version of Dr. RRH?

DI thread started by Prof. Len

Lennie the real estate investor

Regards,
I have heard that medical education in South Africa has gone in the toilet and recent graduates have more dificulty getting licensed in the developed world than past graduates.

A big concern in South Africa is the rampant racism that has institutionalized preference for blacks over whites in desirable positions. Apparently there are a lot of Mugabe wannabees.
Fort Bragg Wrote:I have heard that medical education in South Africa has gone in the toilet and recent graduates have more dificulty getting licensed in the developed world than past graduates.

A big concern in South Africa is the rampant racism that has institutionalized preference for blacks over whites in desirable positions.  Apparently there are a lot of Mugabe wannabees.

the problem with you-know-whos is that bleedy heart liberals want you to think they are not the best people to have around only because they are 'oppressed' and angry because they 'haven't their share'.
Liberia, Namibia, South Africa and many western cities easily turn(ed) into slums where gang warfare (when abroad), tribal warfare (when in the 'mother land' ) with the paraphernalia of drug dealing, mob etc dominate.
I had a classmate who was a 'refugee' (on paper) and Ivory Coast war criminal...a ounce of that man is worth three terabytes of all the 'armchair white supremacists' in the world who attract countless 'hate laws'.
Proof?
On paper we learnt Africa underwent decades or even centuries of 'hateful racist rule', yet Africans just grew ten times in number.
If all those 'racist stormtroopers' had been worth a dime, mass sterilization would have done it without concentration camps, torture rooms and other sensational claptrap.
By the way the 'Truth' ZA commission showed that many more Africans died because of struggle WITHIN African activist groups than under the clutch of 'Nazi death squads'.

South Africa used to be an atomic regional power where the first heart transplant could take place...now it's a 'developing' country where one must not walk alone and mind 'intersection car hijacking'...but liberal idiots tell you it's not that bad...

Now whites are emigrating and massively evicted from their possessions.
I read only 60-80.000 are left in Namibia, and the government finally begs them to stay.
After all, Africa it's their homeland...but New York or Paris won't make much difference...
A.A Mole University
B.A London Institute of Applied Research
B.Sc Millard Fillmore
M.A International Institute for Advanced Studies
Ph.D London Institute of Applied Research
Ph.D Millard Fillmore
To quote a South African I know. "I grew up in a first world country. It's gone now." They are leaving in droves. They are not racists but pragmatists. They know when they're not wanted.

Just think of the perfect country they'll have when all the whites are given the boot. It'll probably be like Zimbabwe where eliminating the bulk of the middle and upper classes, who happened to be white, brought on adject poverty.

A link of interest

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/2149297.stm
Little Arminius Wrote:He was involved with SRU for a short time and peddled real estate in Dubai as well. Now he's back at DI with several new certificates and postgraduate diplomas. Len opened with the following statement:

Quote:I have heard via the grapevine that certain specific South African earned degrees and diplomas are not accepted nor recognized outside South African borders and especially in countries such as the USA, UK, Australia, New Zealand, Canada, etc.
-- Len van der Walt

This specious statement, something I've never heard before, may be true for schools from every country in Africa, with the notable exception of South Africa which has strigent regulations concerning higher education. Len, an Afrikaner, knows this very well but still created a straw man (recognition of SA degrees) for some reason. Maybe Len is just laying the groundwork for his reemergence on the DL scene as something other than a poster? Will Len once again play a role in the operation of an unaccredited school, this time with a school claiming to operate from South Africa or Namibia? Does Len have what it takes to pull it off or is he a South African version of Dr. RRH?

Regards,

Len van der Walt the real estate guy is not the same person as Len van der Walt the poster at DI.
Little Arminius Wrote:He was involved with SRU for a short time and peddled real estate in Dubai as well. Now he's back at DI with several new certificates and postgraduate diplomas. Len opened with the following statement:

-- Len van der Walt

Regards,

Len van der Walt was one of those few people who transferred genuine educational achievements from legitimate schools to SRU, believing SRU was a legitimate MoE accredited institution. Len, like the few other people in this group, truly qualified for a higher degree.

Len and a few others were commissioned by SRU to develop and teach DL courses, or that was what they were made to believe, and became members of the SRU faculty. When a little later they realized that SRU would not give them the opportunity to teach the courses they had put so much effort and time in developing, they resigned their SRU faculty positions and created an independent entity through which they tried to teach their courses. Graduates of their courses would still get their degrees from SRU, which they continued to believe it was MoE accredited. This was the entity that later became the short lived Athenaeum university.

Len, J. Dovelos and others of this group denounced their SRU degrees publicly when in about 2004 it became more than obvious through an official announcement by the Liberian embassy that SRU's MoE accreditation was phony.

After their SRU adventure, most of the people in this group went on to obtain legitimate, recognized degrees. Len has obtained a number of accredited post graduate diplomas and he is near completion of an accredited MPhil degree. J. Dovelos went back and completed an advanced CCU degree program which was already near completion when he transferred to SRU. The same applies to most other people of this group.

To my knowledge, none of these people have since been involved with diploma mills or similar operations. Having been involved at one time with SRU doesn't mean that Len or J. Dovelos or any of the others are "shady" or there are sinister ulterior motives in whatever the do. This is a prejudiced assumption by people who don't know the details of these people's involvement with SRU. An assumption that doesn't correspond with the facts.
It's also unfair to compare Len van der Walt with the likes of RRH. Len is a highly intelligent and educated person who has held for many years executive positions in large multinational corporations. RRH is an obvious, although innocent in my opinion, nutcase.
Quote:Just think of the perfect country they'll have when all the whites are given the boot. It'll probably be like Zimbabwe where eliminating the bulk of the middle and upper classes, who happened to be white, brought on adject poverty.

want to really laugh?
The ZA 'Truth' commission (chaired by Tutu ) ascertained that African activists were guilty of murder & violent crimes committed wholesale, even abroad in 'guerrilla training camps' that turned out to be more like concentration camps.
Now we know that if the perpetrators had been white, we'd hear you-know-whos and their liberal cronies bellyache until the moon turns blue.
However, African crimes (mostly against other 'African oppressed brothers' of theirs ) were coated under the 'spirit of the times' label.
I am not joking.
They said it was 'in the spirit of the times' to act like that, and therefore acts that would warrant further scrutiny and terabytes of trial papers shall be simply explained with suspension of civility in exceptional times...
Interesting enough, how many super-rumored books about the 'Truth' ZA commission do you know?
I learnt about it from a book IN RUSSIAN...go figure (book never translated into western languages as far as I know ).
Even the official ZA government website has been oh-so-mysteriously shut down.
Isn't there any bold and extremely creative writer to write a bestseller detailing the plight of those Africans murdered by their fellow 'freedom fighting' Africans?
A.A Mole University
B.Sc Millard Fillmore
Ph.D Millard Fillmore
Quote:Len van der Walt was one of those few people who transferred genuine educational achievements from legitimate schools to SRU, believing SRU was a legitimate MoE accredited institution. Len, like the few other people in this group, truly qualified for a higher degree.

Len, J. Dovelos and others of this group denounced their SRU degrees publicly when in about 2004 it became more than obvious through an official announcement by the Liberian embassy that SRU's MoE accreditation was phony.

Well... even John Bear 'denounced' in turn all the 'unaccredited' schools he had created, operated or promoted.
Even George Bush & Tony Blair (the Abbott & Costello version of 1930s dictators ) denounced the 'mass destruction weapons' item as inaccuracy fed by unscrupulous secret services.
It's much like 1980s wrestling when 'faces' (good guys) turn 'heels'(bad guys) or the other way round...
A.A Mole University
B.Sc Millard Fillmore
Ph.D Millard Fillmore
ham Wrote:Isn't there any bold and extremely creative writer to write a bestseller detailing the plight of those Africans murdered by their fellow 'freedom fighting' Africans?

How did Winnie Mandela's murder trial work out?

Obviously in this world nobody wants to risk their credibility criticizing South Africa. The official opinion is that the racists in the old regime were bad but the racists in the new regime are good and nobody wants to upset the the apple cart. They would be ignored by everyone and sell all of 3 copies of their book.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bill Grover returns to DD Little Arminius 3 21,836 11-17-2010, 03:25 AM
Last Post: WilliamW
  Johann returns ... to degreeboard? Little Arminius 2 16,653 07-16-2009, 01:57 AM
Last Post: Vice
Question Johann returns ... to DegreeDiscussion? Little Arminius 3 20,097 02-02-2009, 08:48 AM
Last Post: Fort Bragg
  Professor Len Returns to DegreeDiscussion Little Arminius 7 32,040 04-14-2008, 05:42 AM
Last Post: Little Arminius