Secret Service - Who Are They?
Is it possible to shine light on the Secret Service people involved in the St. Regis debacle? Are they really secret or do they just pretend to be? I am 2 degrees of separation from a long-term intelligence agent whose wife found out about his real job after he retired.

I knew an intelligence person and I asked him what he did for a living and the subject of the conversation changed without me noticing he didn't answer. I found out about his work after he took a high profile job where they revealed his history on the media.
Ben Johnson Wrote:Is it possible to shine light on the Secret Service people involved in the St. Regis debacle? Are they really secret or do they just pretend to be? I am 2 degrees of separation from a long-term intelligence agent whose wife found out about his real job after he retired.

I knew an intelligence person and I asked him what he did for a living and the subject of the conversation changed without me noticing he didn't answer. I found out about his work after he took a high profile job where they revealed his history on the media.

CEKA
STASI
GESTAPO
SECURITATE
just a few synonyms...with the difference the above were quite efficient (ever heard of 'terrorist attacks' in Nazi Germany or Communist Romania?).
A.A Mole University
B.A London Institute of Applied Research
B.Sc Millard Fillmore
M.A International Institute for Advanced Studies
Ph.D London Institute of Applied Research
Ph.D Millard Fillmore
Ben Johnson Wrote: Are they really secret or do they just pretend to be?  

Whenever I hear "secret service" I am always reminded of George Lazenby in a kilt.  Classic line (unfortunately not included in the video): "I guess we know what he's allergic to."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dm1OsytClzg