Warren National University students and former students sue
ham Wrote:
Quote:French law does allow schools to grant degrees based on 100% life experience.

Check out this school...
http://www.sorbon.fr/

That is a degree mill exposed many years ago as such.
If you want to know how things really are, see here:

http://online.degree.net/accredited-unac...-2587.html

VAE=PLAR in French...that's all.

Thanks, I understand now.

But are there any Legitimate French Universities which offer DL degrees and offer VAE credit?
"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free."

Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Quote:But are there any Legitimate French Universities which offer DL degrees and offer VAE credit?

You may refer to the official links in the other thread I linked to.
Technically every university may confer degrees based entirely on PLAR (VAE is just a French acronym to mean PLAR).
I suppose every major French university has VAE provisions in place.
The main problem is the captious procedure whose outcome is -like PLAR- left to the sole appreciation of the university concerned.
Distance Learning is not very popular in France...
I am not aware of anything remotely similar to UK OU, Athabasca etc.
I know in Spain they have an equivalent and something to the effect exists in Germany & Italy, but I never looked into it.
It seems that VAE is not some sort of credit transfer, although the likely outcome of a VAE procedure may very likely be a partial exemption from the requirements of a degree.
I am not an expert and I have never looked into it, though.

You may have noticed in the degree-net thread some boasted about a mysterious "list" of universities offering VAE in English, but the list never materialized...the best they came up with was the foreign language page of a university, which does NOT mean VAE service in English.
A.A Mole University
B.A London Institute of Applied Research
B.Sc Millard Fillmore
M.A International Institute for Advanced Studies
Ph.D London Institute of Applied Research
Ph.D Millard Fillmore
ham Wrote:That is a degree mill exposed many years ago as such.
If you want to know how things really are, see here:

I don't know that I would call it a degreemill. Apparently it operates under French law and the couple people I know who graduated are capable people. That said, I don't believe that any degree should be based entirely on assessment.
Quote:I don't know that I would call it a degreemill. Apparently it operates under French law and the couple people I know who graduated are capable people. That said, I don't believe that any degree should be based entirely on assessment.

What does it mean "it operates under French law"?
I can set up a manicurist's shop and "operate under French law"... Big Grin
It's doublespeak degree mills love so much.
Are they authorized to issue university degrees equipollent to State ones?
According to written replies issued from competent authorities, no.
Then there are all those intellectuals who do not take say a research degree with an accredited university but prefer this "new" school that claims to be accredited at times from France, at times from Comoros Islands, at times from the USA...great...
A.A Mole University
B.A London Institute of Applied Research
B.Sc Millard Fillmore
M.A International Institute for Advanced Studies
Ph.D London Institute of Applied Research
Ph.D Millard Fillmore
Student lawsuit still ticking. Latest from the fetid fishwrap laughingly referred to as the Cheyenne Herald:

http://www.cheyenneherald.com/_pdf/2012/...e%2011.pdf

Plaintiffs' counsel has subpenaed NCACS records.
(03-10-2012, 09:15 AM)Herbert Spencer Wrote: Student lawsuit still ticking. Latest from the fetid fishwrap laughingly referred to as the Cheyenne Herald:

http://www.cheyenneherald.com/_pdf/2012/...e%2011.pdf

Plaintiffs' counsel has subpenaed NCACS records.

I read that too.

I feel for many of the students who were left twisting in the wind when the school folded.

I think there are also a lot of people who are just looking for a free ride after they got their degrees.

Personally I would prefer seeing the DECA or whatever that accreditaion mill was called, get sued. Or maybe the State of Wyoming would even be better.

As for the Cheyenne Herald, the less said about it the better. I used to criticize it but now I figure why give that rag any free publicity?
"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free."

Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  HS Students Bust Principal's Fake Degree Martin Eisenstadt 0 9,441 04-06-2017, 06:37 AM
Last Post: Martin Eisenstadt
  Tri-Valley Students "treated like criminals" Virtual Bison 10 55,744 03-27-2014, 06:28 AM
Last Post: jamesc1
  More RA Students Slain 4Knee Kate 50 266,716 12-12-2012, 03:55 AM
Last Post: ham
  Warren National University/Kennedy-Western University Transcripts Virtual Bison 9 78,058 05-17-2011, 06:19 PM
Last Post: ham
  Warren National University shut down Virtual Bison 4 25,765 04-09-2009, 02:42 AM
Last Post: Virtual Bison