DL Truth: Distance Learning Truth
Disruptive DesElms Dismissed from Destitute Discussion - Printable Version

+- DL Truth: Distance Learning Truth (http://www.dltruth.com)
+-- Forum: DL Hall of Shame: Individuals (http://www.dltruth.com/forum-7.html)
+--- Forum: Gregg DesElms (http://www.dltruth.com/forum-13.html)
+--- Thread: Disruptive DesElms Dismissed from Destitute Discussion (/thread-973.html)

Pages: 1 2

Disruptive DesElms Dismissed from Destitute Discussion - Armando Ramos - 11-18-2010

Or to put it in less alliterative terms, social services can deal with a bunch of stinking vagrants, but they can't handle an obnoxious asshole like Gregg DesElms.

His "expertise" Rolleyes wasn't welcome? He boasts of being "one of the nation's foremost experts on massage parlors." Too bad they weren't chasing hookers instead of winos, then some of that "expertise" might have come in handy.

Quote:Pair protest city of Vallejo's 'aggressive rush' to uproot homeless, clear out encampments
By Sarah Rohrs / Times-Herald
Posted: 09/25/2010 01:01:16 AM PDT

Claiming the displaced will have nowhere to go and no one to help them, two homeless advocates are publicly protesting the city's plan to clear out five homeless encampments in Vallejo this fall.

Advocates Doug Darling and Gregg DesElms say they were ousted from a city-led group of social service providers after objecting to what they say is an unnecessary and "aggressive" rush to clean up the camps.

"We want to try to stop what's going on," Darling said. "We don't have a problem with eviction as long as it is orchestrated properly. The issue is lack of services.

"If we are going to force these people out, we need to find places for them to go," Darling said.

Meanwhile, DesElms of Napa said the city's code enforcement division and its chief Nimat Shakoor-Grantham should relinquish control to other agencies and individuals with a less adversarial relationship with the homeless.

City staff last month pledged to take a more "humane" approach to relocating homeless people from White Slough, Wilson Avenue, the vacant Mervyns and Bill Lang Pontiac Cadillac dealership buildings, and along the railroad tracks near Kaiser Permanente Medical Center.

In prior homeless encampment sweeps, people were forced out without anywhere to go, something the city wants to avoid, staff have said.

In an upcoming cleanup effort, Shakoor-Grantham says the city will have shelter for homeless people to go to before any camp evictions.

But Darling said the city is not living up to its commitment and that "forced evictions" are in the works without any effort to see that homeless people are treated fairly, humanely and with dignity. He said services aren't available and more time is needed to find them.

Shakoor-Grantham and Housing and Community Development Manager Melinda Nestlerode said shelter is being sought.

"It's my understanding that we are going to have identified all the beds prior to the relocation," Nestlerode said.

In dealing with the homeless encampments, the city is working on two tracts, she said.

The short-term plan is to clean up the camps and place homeless people in shelter beds this fall before the winter rainy season, Shakoor-Grantham said.

Meanwhile, a long-term strategy involves working with social service agencies on a more comprehensive relocation plan that would combine shelter, comprehensive medical services, transportation and other items, Shakoor-Grantham said.

This latter effort also involves working with agencies on developing more homeless shelters in Vallejo, a big need, Nestlerode said.

While the city was planning to clean up the camps on Oct. 4, that date has been pushed back for a few weeks to consult with Department of Fish and Game regarding camps in sloughs and marshes, Shakoor-Grantham said.

Prior to the evictions, code enforcement officers will visit the camps, talk to homeless people and assess their housing, medical and social needs, Shakoor-Grantham said.

Shakoor-Grantham said she disagrees the city is working too fast and without disregard to homeless people.

Staff members are working with Christian Help Center, Mission Solano, churches and other agencies to find up to 80 shelter beds and assure social services are in place, Shakoor-Grantham said.

But Darling said the kinds of beds and services needed are simply unavailable.

Darling said once he began asking questions about that issue, he was shut out of the group and the process.

Shakoor-Grantham said she no longer included Darling in an e-mail distribution list because he distributed an e-mail saying he could no longer support the city's actions.

DesElms said he believed he was part of the process and that his expertise and desire to help was welcome.

However, Shakoor-Grantham said DesElms continuously disagreed with the city's aims and intentions and that his manner in meetings was often disruptive.

Both Darling and DesElms said they will continue to help the homeless. This weekend they will pass out "Warning" fliers in homeless encampments about the upcoming evictions.

The fliers Darling and DesElms will distribute advise homeless people they are under no obligation to answer questions, or provide any personal and confidential information to city staff.

The advocates and Shakoor-Grantham are encouraging homeless people to attend "Project Homeless Connect" in which a wide array of social service and government agencies will be on hand to help them.

RE: Disruptive DesElms Dismissed from Destitute Discussion - Herbert Spencer - 11-19-2010

I saw "Destitute Discussion" and just assumed this was a thread about Gus.

Quote:The fliers Darling and DesElms will distribute advise homeless people they are under no obligation to answer questions, or provide any personal and confidential information to city staff.

Yeah, like any of the filthy reprobates hasn't ever received a Miranda warning less than two dozen times.

Quote:The advocates and Shakoor-Grantham are encouraging homeless people to attend "Project Homeless Connect" in which a wide array of social service and government agencies will be on hand to help them.

I'm sure the taxpayers of bankrupt Vallejo are thrilled to know that the money they worked for but the government took from them is being spent so wisely, and for such a good cause too. If any of the tramps has transportation issues, will there be limo service for them and their shopping carts?

Wonder who has the hooker concession at Project Homeless Connect?

Will Elmer be wearing his ceremonial robes and accoutrements as he addresses the cheering throng of derelicts?

[Image: Elmer01.jpg]

RE: Disruptive DesElms Dismissed from Destitute Discussion - Little Arminius - 11-19-2010

(11-18-2010, 07:47 PM)Armando Ramos Wrote: Or to put it in less alliterative terms, social services can deal with a bunch of stinking vagrants, but they can't handle an obnoxious asshole like Gregg DesElms.

His "expertise" Rolleyes wasn't welcome? He boasts of being "one of the nation's foremost experts on massage parlors." Too bad they weren't chasing hookers instead of winos, then some of that "expertise" might have come in handy.

Great job by Mando finding this little recent tidbit about Elmer's latest adventure. Let me say right up front that I have no use for DesElms and truly despise him. I have had my problems with Gus Sainz, the late Mark Israel, the late Uncle Janko, George "Mr. Peepers" Gollin, Bruce the Cop and, come to think of it, a lot of people involved in DL. However, I have always maintained that Gregg DesElms was far and away the biggest scumbag and pervert that I have ever encountered. Chip is a close second (and that is a tale for another day) and the rest are way, way down the list.

That being said, DesElms doesn't even live in Vallejo. I'm not a Californian and am not overly familiar with Northern California, but I do know that Vallejo isn't Napa and isn't even next to Napa as I have been to both places, albeit 20 years apart (I visited a friend who graduated from California Maritime in Vallejo in the early 80's and did the Napa thing with my wife in 2000). After I looked it up I found out that they are approximately 16 miles apart. Of course it is possible that Elmer is only using a Napa mailing address because he is a phony as a $3 bill, but the reporter identified him as a Napa resident and presumably spoke with him so I'll go with that.

If that's the case, then why is Elmer getting involved in things that don't concern him? Is it because he is especially concerned about the plight of the homeless? I doubt it; he seems more concerned about marrying same sex couples just to help accelerate the decline of this once great society. I don't ever recall him writing about the homeless but perhaps I'm mistaken.

Does anyone have any ideas on Elmer's motivation for this course of action? Our membership seems to have a pretty good handle on what Elmer is all about. Maybe we should conduct a poll? Tongue

RE: Disruptive DesElms Dismissed from Destitute Discussion - Winston Smith - 11-19-2010

(11-19-2010, 08:24 AM)Little Arminius Wrote: Does anyone have any ideas on Elmer's motivation for this course of action?

I’m not saying he had anything to do with this, but it sure is funny how everywhere he goes some poor gal winds up dead or missing.  If a guy had a thing about offing women who wouldn’t be missed, hanging out with vagrants and hookers would sure make for a good cover….

Quote:Woman's body found near Vallejo restaurant
Officials say no sign of foul play, woman may have been homeless
By Rachel Raskin-Zrihen/Times-Herald staff writer
Posted: 04/06/2009 12:17:35 PM PDT

A woman was found dead in a Vallejo restaurant parking lot Monday morning, though foul play doesn't seem to have been involved, officials said.

The body was discovered by an employee of Vallejo's Olive Garden restaurant, in the business' parking lot. The call came in around 8 a.m., said Jimmy Pierson, operations manager of Medic Ambulance Service, who responded to the call.

A call to Vallejo Fire Department was canceled once the paramedics determined the woman was already dead, said firefighter Kurt Henke.

"She's listed as a Jane Doe as of now," Pierson said. "She appeared to be about 40 and there were no obvious signs of foul play. And she appeared to be homeless. She had two shopping bags of personal belongings."

The body, which looked to be that of a Caucasian woman, was found laying face up in a parking space, near a shrub, and seems to have been dead "for a while, for sure more than an hour," Pierson said.

In my experience, a guy who has to advertise that he is “Moral and ethical” is usually neither.  See Greggy’s fantasy resume (pdf).  Or maybe that’s his Christmas wish list.

Also check the LinkedIn profile on Elmer’s new running mate, darling Doug Darling, the drywaller, “chore provider,” and Red Cross volunteer.  Lists his high school activities as “was pretty much a troublemaker.”  I could definitely see one of these guys tossing the other in a wood chipper.

[Image: 0?e=1526544000&v=alpha&t=xqJDqIevVVejCVY...6C3rsaMoGI]

RE: Disruptive DesElms Dismissed from Destitute Discussion - Virtual Bison - 11-19-2010

Were his actions sincere or just publicity seeking?

This guy hates people who have degrees from non-traditional institutions but then he pretends to support homeless people?

Does that strike anyone as being inconsistant?

RE: Disruptive DesElms Dismissed from Destitute Discussion - Albert Hidel - 11-19-2010

(11-19-2010, 12:33 PM)Virtual Bison Wrote: Were his actions sincere or just publicity seeking?

This guy hates people who have degrees from non-traditional institutions but then he pretends to support homeless people?

Does that strike anyone as being inconsistent?

Elmer is a Marxist, so it actually seems very consistent. He wants the government to control all higher education, and he wants to force productive people to subsidize the unproductive ones. Seems straight out of the Marx/Alinsky/Obama playbook to me.

But like most of the klones, he is concerned almost entirely with self-aggrandizement and advancing his agenda. The fact is he is a misanthrope who looks down on everyone because he thinks he is superior, and like every sociopath thinks it's perfectly fine to manipulate others to achieve his selfish goals.

How to spot a sociopath

RE: Disruptive DesElms Dismissed from Destitute Discussion - Virtual Bison - 11-20-2010

(11-19-2010, 05:28 PM)Albert Hidel Wrote: Elmer is a Marxist, so it actually seems very consistent. He wants the government to control all higher education, and he wants to force productive people to subsidize the unproductive ones. Seems straight out of the Marx/Alinsky/Obama playbook to me.

But like most of the klones, he is concerned almost entirely with self-aggrandizement and advancing his agenda. The fact is he is a misanthrope who looks down on everyone because he thinks he is superior, and like every sociopath thinks it's perfectly fine to manipulate others to achieve his selfish goals.

How to spot a sociopath
Of course not everyone who helps homeless are Marxists. I belong to a group which contributes to soup kitchens. It a Karma thing you might say. And I would add that i do not go around boasting about what a good person I am. Its like Jesus said, don't let your right hand know what your left is doing.

I see lots of political types yapping about how they are helping po' folks yet I never see them dishing out soup. I wonder if this Greg fellow actually spends any time talking to these people.

RE: Disruptive DesElms Dismissed from Destitute Discussion - ham - 11-20-2010

If you want to give the homeless bread, then fine, but you don't go around distributing political pamphlets and trying to stir up controversies.

RE: Disruptive DesElms Dismissed from Destitute Discussion - Armando Ramos - 11-20-2010

(11-20-2010, 04:50 PM)Virtual Bison Wrote: I wonder if this Greg fellow actually spends any time talking to these people.

He might spend some time negotiating the price, but considering how much he usually pays it doesn't seem like it's very long (the time, that is).

(11-19-2010, 03:57 AM)Herbert Spencer Wrote: I saw "Destitute Discussion" and just assumed this was a thread about Gus.

I could have said “derelict delegation” but you would have thought the same thing. Same for “dumbass diatribe.” Let’s face it, just about any terms you might use to describe a bunch of useless leeches and mental defectives would be equally applicable to either Elmer’s homeless retards or Goose’s stalking idiots.

RE: Disruptive DesElms Dismissed from Destitute Discussion - Yancy Derringer - 11-28-2010

(11-20-2010, 04:50 PM)Virtual Bison Wrote: Its like Jesus said, don't let your right hand know what your left is doing.

Damn, it was Jesus said that?  All this time I thought it was Joe Tex!