DL Truth: Distance Learning Truth

Full Version: Support "National Eat at Chick-fil-A Day": July 25th
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Stand up against the pervert agenda, as personified by adjudicated anti-Christian bigot and civil rights violator Alan Contreras.

Quote:Support "National Eat at Chick-fil-A Day": July 25th
posted on July 24, 2012 by Gary DeMar

[Image: Chick-fil-A-Chicken-Sandwich-220x120.jpg]

In response to attacks by the powerful and offensive homosexual lobby, friends of Chick-fil-A are promoting National Eat at Chick-fil-A Day on July 25th and August 1st. I'll be there on both days. In fact, all the employees at our various businesses will be eating at Chick-fil-A the next two Wednesdays.

As is typical of the homosexual lobby, many angry messages were left on Chick-fil-A's Facebook page, including:

"Hate mongers! Never again! Not another $ from me."

"Goodbye Chikkk-fil-a! Your food was delicious, but I can no longer eat nuggets filled with hate!"

Of course, it's not about hate. It's about morality and common sense. No one is denied service at a Chick-fil-A restaurant. All types of sinners eat at Chick-fil-A as they do at other restaurants. No one asks what kind of sex they're engaged in when an order is taken.

The folks at Chick-fil-A don't support divorce, but they don't refuse service to divorced couples. Divorced couples don't boycott the restaurant because of the company's views on biblical marriage and their support of biblical marriage seminars.

Support for Chik-fil-A is getting national attention:

"In response to the boycott threats against Chick-fil-A, Mike Huckabee, who was a 2008 presidential candidate, last week called on his radio show listeners to support the Cathy family by making July 25th National Eat at Chick-fil-A Day.

"Imagine how clearly that message would be heard across the nation if Chick-fil-A reported record sales this Wednesday!" said [National Organization for Marriage's [Brian] Brown, who has joined Huckabee in supporting Chick-fil-A day. "Please join me this Wednesday in supporting this courageous company, while at the same time sending a powerful message of support to every individual and every company with the courage to stand for marriage."

It's amazing how it's OK to support liberal causes, but just try to support a conservative moral cause. "Too often, those on the left make corporate statements to show support for same sex marriage, abortion, or profanity, but if Christians affirm traditional values, we're considered homophobic, fundamentalists, hate-mongers, and intolerant," Huckabee wrote.

I've started my diet to lose about ten pounds, but I"m going to break the diet on the next two Wednesdays with a chicken sandwich and some waffle fries. And I"m going to enjoy every Chick-fil-A calorie.
I think the franchise is just trying to boost sales associating itself with a political constituency.
HOWEVER
it is their right to do so, as many scum Hollywood actors and academic stooges already go around saying that Stalin didn't kill all those people after all, and how we owe him a lot after all.
From Massachusetts, the state that gave the world Bawney Fwank and Bruce Tait. Chick-fil-A "doesn't belong" in Boston, just like Bob Jones U grads "don't belong" in Oregon. Time to put anti-Christian government bigots like Menino out to pasture along with the pervert Contreras.

Quote:Hey, Boston: Leave Chick-fil-A Alone
Michelle Malkin
Jul 25, 2012

It's one thing for Hollywood moppets and television Muppets to protest Chick-fil-A over the fast-food chain president's support for traditional marriage. They're private citizens and entities. But when an elected public official wields the club of government against a Christian business in the name of "tolerance," it's not harmless kid stuff. It's chilling.

This week, Boston Mayor Thomas Menino declared, "Chick-fil-A doesn't belong in Boston." He recklessly slandered the company by accusing it of "discriminat(ing) against the population." And he warned ominously: "If they need licenses in the city, it will be very difficult -- unless they open up their policies."

Drawing on the city's history, he railed against the restaurant empire's plans to build a franchise near a famed path: "We're an open city. We're a city that's at the forefront of inclusion. That's the Freedom Trail. That's where it all started right here. And we're not going to have a company, Chick-fil-A or whatever the hell the name is, on our Freedom Trail."

Poverty is on track to rise to the highest nationwide levels since the 1960s. Boston's jobless rate has been stuck at 6 percent. The city's May employment numbers were revised downward for the second month in a row; in June, the city shed 2,600 jobs. Chick-fil-A employs some 50,000 workers across the country at 1,500 outlets in nearly 40 states and the District of Columbia. The company generates more than $2 billion in annual revenues and serves millions of happy customers looking for affordable food in a family-friendly setting.

Menino must have a darned good reason for meddling with government licensing decisions and turning away one of America's most successful private employers, right?

Wrong. Menino's beef with the beloved chicken sandwich supplier is as full of holes as Chick-fil-A's trademark waffle fries. It's Menino who is engaging in blatant viewpoint and religious discrimination against an out-and-proud company whose leadership embraces biblically based principles and values.

In an interview with the Baptist Press last month, Chick-fil-A President Dan Cathy talked about his personal support of traditional family values and fidelity. "(Guilty) as charged," he told the reporter. "We are a family-owned business, a family-led business, and we are married to our first wives. We give God thanks for that."

As I reported last year, the Cathy family's commitments to "glorify God" and "enrich the lives of everyone we touch" have made them public enemies of the progressive left. Never mind that the company's community service initiatives have supported foster care, summer camp scholarships and marriage enrichment. Never mind Chick-fil-A's family-strengthening and faith-enhancing decision to forgo profits and close every Sunday to give workers a day of worship and rest.

Anti-Christian organizers have been staging boycotts and smear campaigns against "anti-gay" Chick-fil-A for the past year. An activist lesbian reporter for The New York Times poured fuel on the fire. The proprietors of The Muppets are just the latest to take a public stand.

It's their right. It's also the right of Chick-fil-A supporters to organize social media campaigns, exercise their free speech and exercise the power of their pocketbooks to back the company.

What's disturbing is the flippant schadenfreude with which Tinseltown starlets such as actress Eliza Dushku are cheering Menino's threat to Chick-fil-A's First Amendment rights. "That's right, B!" she tweeted along with a link to Menino's attack. What's galling is the self-serving smugness of PC police such as Menino, who defended his vendetta against Chick-fil-A by bragging, "We're a leader when it comes to social justice and opportunities for all."

Social justice and economic opportunity "for all" -- as long as you hold the proper political and social views. This is ugly repressive civility enforced with government brass knuckles. Boston's Founding Fathers must be steaming in their graves.
Quote:Billy Graham Throws Support Behind Chick-fil-A President
Thursday, 26 Jul 2012 01:47 PM
By Henry J. Reske

The Rev. Billy Graham has thrown his support behind embattled Chick-fil-A President Dan Cathy and announced plans to stop by the fast food restaurant next Wednesday as part of Mike Huckabee’s “Eat Mor Chikin” promotion.

Dan Cathy’s recent comments supporting the “biblical definition” of marriage as between a man and a woman has led to calls by gay rights advocates to boycott the chain. The mayors of Boston and Chicago have recently promised to stop further expansion of the restaurants in their cities.

"I want to express my support for my good friends Truett Cathy and his son Dan Cathy, and for their strong stand for the Christian faith,” Graham said. “I've known their family for many years and have watched them grow Chick-fil-A into one of the best businesses in America while never compromising their values. Chick-fil-A serves each of its customers with excellence, and treats everyone like a neighbor. It's easy to see why Chick-fil-A has become so popular across America.

“Each generation faces different issues and challenges, but our standard must always be measured by God's word. I appreciate the Cathy family's public support for God's definition of marriage.”

Graham, a strong advocate for traditional marriage, also got behind Huckabee’s plan to counter any boycott.

“I also appreciate Governor Mike Huckabee's leadership and for encouraging Americans to support Chick-fil-A on August 1,” he said. “As the son of a dairy farmer who milked many a cow, I plan to 'Eat Mor Chikin' and show my support by visiting Chick-fil-A next Wednesday."

As Yogi Berra said, "Nobody goes there any more, it's too crowded." They are opening a new one down the street from my local one. Maybe that will pull some of the lunch crowd away so I can find a place to sit. I'm sure the reason they are so busy is that they have great food, but knowing that it irks the perverts when I eat there just makes it that much better.
So how does this relate to Alan Contreras?
(07-28-2012, 07:22 PM)Virtual Bison Wrote: [ -> ]So how does this relate to Alan Contreras?

Alan Contreras is an anti-Christian bigot who made his vicious, oppressive government decisions based not on the law or the facts but rather on the religious views of the victim and his own personal prejudice and hatred. He sought to advance the pervert agenda by destroying legitimate Christian businesses.

Now we are seeing that exact form of bigotry and oppression at work again. The perverts are trying to destroy another legitimate business, not because of the quality of the product or the policies of the company (they serve everyone who can pay, without regard to whatever disgusting, deviant behavior they may be up to outside the restaurant), but rather because of the religious beliefs of the owners.

This is religious bigotry, pure and simple, and it needs to stop. When the perverts realize that Christians stand together against religious bigotry maybe they will crawl back in their closets and leave normal people alone.

[Image: gmc10184520120727120100.jpg]
Quote:without regard to whatever disgusting, deviant behavior they may be up to outside the restaurant

[Image: faggots.jpg]

I like faggots so watch your tongue pal...
(07-29-2012, 03:00 AM)ham Wrote: [ -> ]I like faggots so watch your tongue pal...

Careful, ham, fags may be hazardous to your health...especially if you're like 10 years old.

[Image: tumblr_lvhy09pCT51qmuqjno1_500.jpg]
The "gay agenda" is quite clear...they want society to embrace their "less than wonderful behavior"...sodomy, and the paraphilias that go along with it...funny... they claim to be progressive and liberal...yet they despise anyone who doesn't "support" the "gay agenda"...not "true" liberalism, just there own brand of left-wing fascism and hypocrisy...Alan Contreras is a slime-ball degenerate, as is John Bear...I suspect Bear might be a "closet fruit" as well...You see... Bear has stalked people, slated people, called up people's places of employment, (to place them under a cloud of suspicion) and gotten his jollies calling up men's wives places of employment as well, to stalk them and get his jollies listening to the alarm in their voice, as he remained silent, always listening. I knew a man named Buddha and Byron, who did similar "evil shit" on the internet...they are cockroach's as well...much like Bear and Contrerass

If stupidity were a virtue...Contrerass would be a saint...
Quote:Can it be un-American to be a Christian?
Star Parker
Jul 30, 2012

The current hate campaign being waged by homosexual activists against fast food chain Chick-fil-A, because of the firm’s Christian values, may well turn out to be a bridge too far. The effort may prove to be a setback for homosexual activism.

The vile attacks on the firm and its owners, the Cathy family, should make clear, finally, that the “gay rights” movement is not about refining and advancing American freedom, but about rewriting American values and advancing, not freedom, but the homosexual political agenda.

Recently Secretary of State Hillary Clinton spoke at a flag raising ceremony in Alexandria, Egypt, noting the re-opening of the American consulate there. Given the current political climate in Egypt, the Secretary of State felt behooved in her remarks to highlight principles of freedom as understood by Americans.

“….to us, real democracy means that every citizen has the right to live, work, and worship as they choose, whether they are man or woman, Muslim or Christian, or from any other background.”

Perhaps Secretary Clinton should be lecturing Americans instead of Egyptians.

Can it really be that in America today a businessman can be labeled a bigot, boycotted, and cut off by suppliers because of the crime of being a Christian?

When Chick-fil-A CEO Dan Cathy made his now famous incendiary admission that “We are very much supportive of the family – the biblical definition of the family unit,” he was not pontificating. He was responding to a question in an interview done in a paper I expect not read by many homosexuals – the Baptist Press.

Never mind. It was sufficient provocation that Cathy publicly admitted that the Bible defines his understanding of marriage – the unique bond of man and woman – which also happens to be the standard definition in dictionaries on the shelves of every American home and library.

“Chick-fil-A’s values are not Chicago’s values,” said Chicago Mayor, and former chief of staff to President Barack Obama, Rahm Emmanuel. Emmanuel defended Chicago Alderman Joe Moreno’s threat to deny Chick-fil-A permitting in Chicago because its owner supports traditional marriage and family.

But UCLA law professor and constitutional scholar Eugene Volokh points out in his blog that “denying a private business permits because of such speech by its owner is a blatant First Amendment violation.”

The Constitution? The First Amendment? Religious liberty? Do these apply to Christians?

Volokh goes on to point out that a permit might be denied, “…if Chick-fil-A actually discriminated in their serving or hiring decisions in Chicago in a way forbidden by Chicago or Illinois law….But the stories give no evidence of such actions…”

The fact that there is no evidence that Chick-fil-A discriminates in its business practices did not deter Washington Post columnist Dana Milbank from writing that Dan Cathy’s support of traditional marriage “…implied that gay people (not to mention divorced people) had no business eating at Chick-fil-A.”

One court decision after another over the last fifty years has, step by step, purged any hint of religion and traditional values from our schools and public spaces.

Has it made this a fairer, better, freer nation? If you think breakdown of family, forty percent out-of-wedlock births, a million abortions a year, $16 trillion in national debt, and government dependence is better and freer, yes.

Of course society must embrace civility, respect and tolerance. But this doesn’t mean that the sexual proclivities of some should provide license to rewrite our language and the traditions that define our faith and virtue.

Hopefully many will respond to Mike Huckabee’s appeal to patronize Chick-fil-A on August 1 as a display of support for traditional Christian values and as a reminder that our Constitution protects religious freedom.

Have we really gotten to the point where being a Christian is considered un-American?
Pages: 1 2 3 4